How to Have Fabulous Skin
As we age, our skin becomes less supple due to many factors that we can control. Here are some ideas to keep your skin healthy, prevent dryness, and inhibit wrinkle formation.
Healthy Skin Care Tips
- Healthy skin is moist skin. Drinking plenty of water helps hydrate your skin from the inside out. Alcohol and caffeinated beverages dehydrate your skin, so limit them.
- Protect your skin from the sun and wind, which can have aging effects. Keep your skin covered during very hot or cold weather. The sun harms your skin due to radiation exposure, and all harsh weather dries the skin out.
- Protect your skin by eating foods rich in omega-3 and omega-7 fatty acids, which give your skin the tools it needs to repair itself. Try eating nuts, fish, whole grains, or flax seeds on a regular basis. Only about a handful of nuts a day is all that’s needed for your skin to develop a nice texture and be flexible. Borage seed, black current seed, fish, evening primrose and sea buckthorn oil supplements may also be beneficial.
- Eat colorful fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants and bioflavonoids. These can help with skin repair and hydration and provide protection from the elements. The vitamins in fruits and vegetables help repair cuts, burns, and scars.
- Use antioxidant-rich skin care products on the outside of your body for an extra layer of protection. Green and red teas help prevent aging and sagging.
- Feed your skin from the outside as well as the inside. What we put on our skin is as important at the foods we eat. If you “feed” you skin with moisturizers and cleansers that contain toxins and preservatives, your skin will absorb them. Opt for plant-based skin care products.
- Apricot kernel oil is wonderful, fragrant oil that benefits dry, sensitive skin. Jojoba oil nourishes mature skin. There are several plant oils on the market, too. Try various ones and see which one feels and works best on your skin.
Thanks for your time. Stay tuned for more. Enlist your precious suggestions in comments. If you want me to write on your favorite topic comment below.